Wednesday 27 May 2009

Summer Summer Summertime

The sun is shining over here and thus I felt inspired to bring you a selection of sunshine songs that are on repeat across the channel. 

Freddie Scott, apparently called The Gentle Giant Of Soul which is a descriptive moniker, "You Got What I Need".

The Gladiators,  "Soul Rebel", the title pretty much sums up my aim in life.

Bobby Caldwell, "Open Your Eyes", sampled by Common on 'The Light' the original never fails to make me feel better though I do have a real soft spot for the Dwele version.

Gwen McCrae, "Rockin' Chair". She needs no introduction.

And finally one of the most ridiculously happy music videos I have see in a long time. Could they look like they're having any more fun? Plus I defy you not to want to dance to this...


No comments: